Akhbar Harian Metro
Harian Metro is the Malay best-selling newspaper. It sells around 450 thousands copies daily and, during the weekends, more than 480 thousands copies per day. About 95% of Harian Metro readers are Malays. Harian Metro covers local news, business, sports, community events and jobs news in Malaysia. The new
Sarawak and Sabah edition have been launched few years ago. They believed that, the markets in Sabah and Sarawak could sustain up to 100 thousands copies per day. Its main editor was Zian Johari who helped the newspaper to become popular in every Malaysian
State (except Sabah, Labuan and Sarawak).
Some interesting facts about Harian Metro:
- On March the 25th, 2004
the Harian Metro Newspaper turned 13 years old.
- it's priced around RM1.50
- it provide readers with many interesting stories from education, sports, community and
- the initial launch was graced by Urban Development Minister Datuk Amar Abang Johari Tun Openg and Sarawak Housing
- Sarawak and Sabah
edition have around 64-page
- the group editor of Harian Metro was Ahad Datuk Mustapa Omar
- NSTP group managing editor: Datuk Zainul
Arifin Mohammed Isa
- Abang Johari said the print media, compared to the digital version, will not lose its position in media development.